Kelly and I would like to give you a little background about ourselves. I strongly feel that the images should speak for themselves, but one of the best aspects of our job is getting to know you. I think it's only fair that you should know some things about us too...
Some photo stuff...
- We are crazy about photography. What began many years ago as a hobby has blossomed into a full-time all-consuming passion.
- Not only do we love photography, we love working with people of all ages! We are continually studying to better our skills. We've spent the last 14 years dedicated to digital techniques, learning how to work with natural and studio light, learning equipment and gaining experience working in diverse environments.
- We are not the traditional photographer. We like to mix classic poses with what some people term photojournalism. We like to think of it as spontaneous fun. We arrange the setup, provide the structure and coaxing, and let moments happen.
- We think a beautiful image isn't necessarily a smiling one...but it can be. Truly beautiful photographs to me are those that are honest and real and which capture some essence of the subject that speaks through the image.
- We believe beauty comes in all sizes, ages, heights and colors.
- I was raised outside McBain, MI, the youngest of 5 children. The hard work ethic that I was taught being raised on a dairy farm carries through today.
- My husband, Ken, and I have 3 sons. Cainen and his wife, Kelly have 3 of our grandchildren, Alexis is 14, Caleb is 10 and little Connor is 6 years old. Kyle and his wife, Kelly have 3 children, Bennett is 11 and daughter, Bryn who is 7 years old and little Grant is 2. Kyle graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in May 2010, Aneshesiology residency in June of 2014 and is currently practicing in Mount Pleasant, MI. Alex graduated from Grand Valley State University May 2010. While attending GVSU Alex played 4 years of football. Alex has completed Michigan State Medical School in 2014 and is currently in his third year of orthopedic residency in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Some of my absolute favorite things in the world-besides my family and photography- are dining out and traveling. Oh, I can't forget those Longaberger baskets, too!
- Kelly, the second of 5 children was also raised on a dairy farm outside McBain, MI. She too has learned the hard work ethic from caring for younger siblings and working on their family farm. Kelly is married to our oldest son, Cainen and has 3 children, Alexis, Caleb and Connor. Kelly also works on-call at Munson Cadillac Hospital.
- Member National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP)
- Member Professional Photographers of America (PPA)